Picture

Three options...

SIMPLY WRITE
TEAR AND PASTE
MIXED-MEDIA MANIA

With SIMPLY WRITE, just grab a notebook, a piece of paper, a receipt or even a paper plate...any surface that you can write on! Write down one or all of the prompts and freely write your response until you are SATISFIED. That's it, you're done.

With TEAR AND PASTE, find an old magazine, junk mail flyer or catalog; set the timer for five minutes and start tearing out images and words that "speak" to you. After five minutes, sort through the images and words, arrange them in a notebook, on a piece of scrap paper or any surface that you like. Then glue them down. I prefer to use a basic glue stick. White glue makes the magazine images wrinkle. But use what you have.

After you've pasted down everything that you want, respond to one of the daily prompts OR respond to the words and images and write freely about what the images and words evoke in you. OR just enjoy the collage!

Picture
With MIXED-MEDIA MANIA, at the bottom of the daily email, there will an additional link to learn more about creating an artful backdrop for your journaling responses. You may want to use an art quality journal for this process (which could be a recycled old book, loose card stock weight paper or a spiral bound mixed-media art notebook). You have choices! Choose one path or try a little of each option. Or just enjoy the daily emails. This journey is for you, so make it yours!

Picture
 Please enter your email address in the sidebar to receive
your 28 weekly journal prompts via email!
One aspect of "being"includes the universal need for community and recognition. I will be setting up a private Facebook group called 28 Weeks of Being YOU!, where you can witness each others' work and journey. I would love to see your collages and mixed-media attempts. Feel free to share as much or as little of your journey as you like.

If you have any questions about the adventure, email me at kelrohlf@souldare.com

I look forward to journeying with you!

Comments

01/31/2014 12:34pm

I am excited to follow along!

Kel Rohlf
01/31/2014 12:39pm

Yay! This is a big step of courage and bravery! Let me know if everything comes through...I will send your first email tomorrow!

01/31/2014 2:45pm

Hi Kel!

This is so much in line with what I have been doing and want to do! I am in the process of creating a 21 day journal challenge for the RJD- which are writing prompts! I do love working with sticking stuff into my journals though as well as the recent challenges with paint, etc. So wonderful! I will be keeping an eye out for your posts, but will not take on one more thing, at the moment. Love your inspired heart, my friend! I am behind in everything...but all is good. HUGS!

Kel Rohlf
01/31/2014 4:50pm

Dawn- I knew you would love this! I am glad for you to be peeking over my shoulder...I look forward to you 21 RJD challenge...I had a lull in my teaching schedule and I just want to pass along the passion I have for others to discover their created self and express it in whatever way is best for them at the time! Hugs! Kel

Carol Ann Grimmer
01/31/2014 8:20pm

I tried to subscribe and was told I already was. :) Great idea!

Kel Rohlf
01/31/2014 9:16pm

I thought you might like to follow along so I added you to the group email that I learned how to send today...but this subscribe thing is cool for new folks who want to check out the journey!

02/05/2014 5:56am

Hm, I wonder why I just got this, on the 5th of February! Five prompts gone already! Maybe this is just the refresher I need amid another snowstorm. I don't know if I'm automatically on here now or not, but I'm subscribing. Thanks for the breath of fresh (pre-spring) air! (If there's a way I can "catch up" by seeing the first sets of prompts, I'd appreciate that. Thanks, Kel.

04/10/2016 3:20pm

I should say many many thanks. I am very happy today because ni. I'm glad to see this page.

These ideas are so good and the best for people who want to be more creative in their ideas and the things important for them. Many people who do such practices are always so creative because they are using their minds in a positive creative thing.

07/05/2016 1:50am

Interesting options. I like them.

Nice website, the site is very interesting, a lot of helpful articles and the latest news that arouse interest. nice!!

nice